For many girls, nail polish is the first introduction to the beauty world. It is more socially acceptable for a girl as young as 4 years old to polish her nails, than the use of any other cosmetics. How adorable is a mani with a flower on those tiny nails ?
Let’s think back to how long you’ve been wearing nail polish. Whether you’ve been wearing it consistently for many years or off and on, choosing a brand formulated with your health in mind is important.
Here at LAW Beauty Essentials, we pride ourselves on being a contemporary brand focusing on staying innovated, informative, stylish and personable. A lifestyle brand intending on being with you a lifetime. Our goal is to promote making health conscious decisions suitable to your lifestyle. How hard could it be to use a great long lasting, high shine, quality nail polish that isn't harmful to you?
We leave out many of the harsh toxins you may find in most brands so you can feel good about doing your nails as many times as you desire.
Our 13 free formula does not include Formaldehyde, Toluene, Formaldehyde resin, Camphor, Xylene, Parabens, phthalates, Rosin, Ethyl Tosylamide, TPHP (Triphenyl Phosphate), Triclosan, animal derivatives and cruelty free.
Let’s look a little deep into to these chemicals.
- Formaldehyde - is a chemical used to embalm dead animals and humans. Can trigger asthma. Is a well known carcinogen (causes cancer). Used in nail polish as a hardener/preservation. Helps from chipping.
- Toluene - Harmful to your nervous system. Inhaling high levels can cause light-headedness and nausea. Used in nail polish as a thinner and gives application a smooth finish.
- Formaldehyde Resin - Derivative of formaldehyde, however not as toxin. Skin allergen known to cause dermatitis. Used in nail polish top coats as a nail strengthener.
- Camphor - poisonous. Can cause seizures and disorientation if used in large doses. Acts as a cover on your nails, which deprives them of nutrients and causing yellow staining on your nails
- Xylene- A solvent widely used in the cosmetics industry but also in nail polishes. It is harmful by inhalation and skin contact, and can cause headaches, nausea, dizziness.
- Parabens - Are a preservatives used to prevent bacteria growth to enhance shelf life. Studies has link it to breast cancer.
- Phthalates- Also acts as solvents. Used to reduce cracking, making them less brittle. Used to increase flexibility and shine. Can cause damage to liver, kidney, lungs and reproductive system. Studies showed reproductive risks from exposure to phthalates were minimal to negligible in most cases.
- Rosin- A solid residue obtained after distillation of turpentine from coniferous trees especially pines. You can find it in many cosmetics including nail polish. It’s criticized for its very high allergenic potential.
- Ethyl Tosylamide - Is used in nail polish as a plasticizer, which reducing brittleness, increasing durability. When drying forms a coat to help polish color adhere to the nail plate. Its antibiotic properties raises concerns in regards to its antibiotic resistance.
- TPHP (Triphenyl Phosphate)- used to improve flexibility in nail polish. Studies shows direct affect to your hormones.
- Triclosan- is an antibacterial ingredient. irritates eyes, lungs, and skin.
- Animal ingredients- No animal derivatives.
- Cruelty free - we do not animal test. We love our furry friends.
But don’t just take our word for it! We want to be your trusted go to brand and have taken steps to certify ourselves with PETA and Leaping Bunny.
We are proudly made in the USA, and Brooklyn based.
Clothing Shop Online from trendy apparels for women, men kids at best prices Select your favourite clothing from the fashionable collection on Myntra